Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wild Horses

There are many artists that I love to listen to but there are not many artists from my age of music that my dad loves to listen to. I think it is a sign of a great artist if we can both really agree on something. My dad loves the classics of his time and thinks that most of the music created these days will never stick around for as long as his music has. Yet he loves to listen to Natasha Bedingfield.

Wild Horses - Natasha Bedingfield

Natasha Bedingfield has a way of singing so purely. Her style and UK accent are my favorite. This song feels like an expression from the heart. It is more on the lines of a slow song then an upbeat one. Most of the songs she has written lately have been more on the lines of a happier mood. This song still kind of has that feeling, but it seems more vulnerable and that she is hoping to be free to love. Every song of hers seems to have a great expression and thought put into it. The songs seem worth listening to, and are easily songs you could listen to over and over again. Maybe this is why my dad loves listening to her music so much.

I am also a big horse fan so this song seems very pretty without being tacky. Her style of how she sings and what she sings about never ceases to be less than perfect. She never has to swear or be unreal to what she wants to say it feels like. She keeps everything clean and simple yet it really gets to the emotion she wants people to feel from her songs. I think the songs she creates will be timeless, at least to me.

No comments: