Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mall Cop

When I saw the preview for this movie, I just knew I had to see it. I got in trouble when trying to find the picture for this movie, but I think it is pretty worth it. Personally I think Kevin James is so funny and I watch him all the time on King of Queens. This was the first movie I wanted to see above the rest when I had the opportunity to go to one. As the movie started out you get the background story behind Kevin James's character, Paul Blart. He lives with his daughter of an immigrant wife who left him when she got citizenship and his mom who takes care of his every need. When the movie starts off you see him excelling, when he is training to be in the police force. Except he has sleep apnea and will fall asleep from his diabetes. This leads him into the career of being a mall cop.

He is very dedicated to his job. There is a girl in the mall that sells hair at a kiosk. Blart is trying to get out into the dating world again, so he goes over and starts talking to her. Their friendly exchanges soon end when he has competition from other men working in the mall. He soon gets a new guy that shadows him around the mall to be a mall cop. He tries to show him the ways of the job, but he soon finds that he actually does not really have anyway to stop people from doing what they want to do. People do not really find him threatening.

The mall gets shut down early when a group takes over the mall. Blart is in a video game store at the time this happens so he does not know what kind of the threat the mall is under. The police come outside and try to handle the situation, but Blart stays inside and tries to be a hero. He is left to defend the mall and hostages from the bad men that have taken over the mall for their own good.

Mall Cop has many funny twists in it. Kevin James really brings humor to his character and makes the movie most enjoyable. This movie shows how an average person can make a difference. I think this movie can really appeal to anyone of any age. I really enjoyed going and seeing this movie. It kept me laughing the whole time and wanting to see it again.

No comments: