Wednesday, May 20, 2009

decisions...decisions

Now that everyone is moved in with boxes laid everywhere, there are decorating decisions to be made. I especially enjoy helping to pick out things now that I am older and have opinions and ideas of my own to share about the house. We first moved into my moms house which was nice not to help with decisions of paint, design, and furniture with two houses at once.

For my own rooms I have really had to hurry to make ideas and decisions fast about what I wanted. I have already figured out what I am doing in my room at my moms house and have an idea for my dads. I knew I wanted a bright color because both my parents like neutrals with some bold but not really the type I want to incorporate into my room. I found this really cute and sophisticated bed set at Bed Bath and Beyond. My mom had a coupon so I got this black almost a suede jean material with tan and silver waves on it. Then I decided I wanted to accent it with turquise blue and purple pillows and walls. I finally picked out the right blue and purple to go well together in the basement, but we have not really done anything yet to start painting.

At my dads house, my little brother and I have looked for bedding but I can not really find it. Both of the sets are at Bed Bath and Beyond. I found mine online but I can not find it at the store. Then my little brother saw a picture at the store, but there are not any sets there of it and when I looked online I could not find anything. I do not know if we are going to be able to find them for our rooms or if we should just look for some new bedding sets. We have pulled up the carpets everywhere and have painted the living room and the hallway. Now we need our bed sets to paint the walls to our rooms, so we need to find some soon. I do get my own bathroom at my dads house, which I have never had before. Usually I have to share it with my two brothers, who are not the cleanest. Plus it is mine to decorate the way I want.

I can not wait until everything comes together and is finished in both houses. Right now I feel kind of messy and bland with only white walls at my moms and a completely unfinished room and bathroom at my dads.

No comments: