Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Gone forever?

The seniors are leaving and I feel like I will lose some of them forever. Who knows when the I'll see them next after graduation. This past year they have really grown to be good friends and some are even closer than that. I have been so greatful to be in the varsity show choir this year because I have bonded with all of them. There are not many juniors left, well girls at least. None are even very close to me, or ones that I want to be close to. Speech, the musical, and show choir have really opened my friend world up to different people outside of the stupid little clicks at our school that are still going on. They are ridiculous, and I love having friends from every circle anyways. Diverse people give you different look and view points on life. You never know who could change and impact your world.

Many of the seniors I know I just will not see this summer, just because I have never really seen them outside of a school event. There are some though that I am sure I will hang out with a lot over the summer. Especially the show choir seniors, which there are so many of them that we are losing, I will definitly keep in touch with. The bond of relationship, whether friendly or annoying, in show choir is so incredibly deep. You are with those people every week for most of the year. You have not only show choir practice but then class and just regular choirs with them.

Today is their last day and then soon we will be seniors. I can not imagine yet that we only have one more year left and then we are off to our own life and away from this highschool. I do not even see myself sitting on the senior bench every day next year, or being the oldest class in the school. It will be crazy to finally get this last year over with. But doing it without this years seniors is going to be really weird. I do not know what friends I will be with next year. I feel like all the genuinely amazing people skipped over our class and are above and below us. I know I will definitly be friends with a lot of the soon to be juniors next year. Seniors are leaving though and I will miss them and wish them the best of luck in figuring out their future ahead of them.

No comments: