Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Results!!

Well the show choir results were posted last friday. And let me tell you, there were a lot of tears everywhere. No one knew who was going to get in exactly. I was kind of torn for who I wanted to get in. Sophomore year I was being considered for Happiness and I really was hopeful that maybe I would get in. Our director told us that there was still seniority and that they might be considered more over me and another girl. That ended up what happened. I can understand letting a senior have the spot over me completely, since I still had two years to try to make it.

In the call backs all the returning girls from last year had a guaranteed spot. There were a bunch of sophomores in the call backs and we knew there was competition for all the other spots in every singing section. At the end there were four girls that had to go up and sing. I knew they were the ones being debated on. The returning alto girls (the three of us that made it) had to go up and sing with them together. There were a couple soon to be juniors and a couple soon to be seniors. I really liked one of the juniors and I thought she would do really good in Happiness, but again there were seniors to compete with. I was torn in the decision because I did not really want the other girls to make it that were older but I wanted seniority over the younger girls, or else it would completely counter act what I went through my sophomore year. I really was torn because I thought the year would be more enjoyable with the soon to be junior than the others. But there is always next year for her and maybe someone will drop out or he will add someone new to the group.

There was one sophomore boy that made it into Happiness this year. I do not really know this kid very well at all, but apparently a lot of the senior guys do not really like him. I have already met some of the new junior boys and know a few of the junior girls, so next year will be enjoyable hanging out with them and creating new bonds of friendship.

The group should be amazing next year. And like every year, for any results, there are always different opinions. There is so much talent this upcoming year. It is unbelievable how much our show choirs have grown. I can not wait until we start to compete next year because I know we will be amazing.

No comments: