Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Need a job

Last year I had a seasonal spring job but this year I was not able to have one since I was busy with the musical and end of show choir season plus both of my parents moving into new houses. So I had a lot of things to do and could not really fit in a job. Now that the musical and show choir are over and summer is coming up, I would really like to get a job and have some extra cash. Yet I already am going to be doing detasselling in july so I will need to figure out a job that would let me have a month off pretty much.

My mom wants me to work at the grocery store close to us because I can pretty much walk there from my moms and it is inbetween my moms and my dads house so not out of the way. The people I know that work there do not really like it and like any job you have to work your way up to get to the position you want and I am not even sure if I would like that position if I got there. So I have been thinking that working at a daycare would be kind of fun and they have really good hours that I could find pleasing. I think I am going to look into working at the one down the street from my moms. Hopefully they have flexible hours so I could get off the month I need off.


I applied to the daycare a couple days ago. They did not have any openings available at the moment but they said that I could be a sub to call when they need people. I told them that way completely fine. And if I do good and there is a job opening they could consider me to fill it. It is a pretty nice way to find out who really is good to hire. This could still allow me to do detasselling in the summer and maybe keep my job through the next school year. I would really like to work there since it is close and kids seem to be light hearted and entertaining every day. I think it would be a job I would actually want to go work at every day. Hopefully they will call me to sub and eventually I could work there more.

No comments: