Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sore throat :(

In the past day I have been getting a sore throat. So far it has not been too bad for my singing that I had to do earlier at my speech performance. Tonight went well with the performance but I could not really feel it, so I am not really sure how well it actuallly was.

Tonight I just really want to get all of my homework done so that I can go to bed and try to get better before Saturday comes up. I can not afford to have a terribly sore throat on Saturday when I perform the musical theater bit from Avenue Q and later that day perform for show choir. Not only do I want to be able to sing, but I just want to be well so that I can fully be dedicated and actually be able to enjoy the performance on stage.

Since I am currently stuck with this minor, yet threatening sore throat I need to find a way to help cure it. There are some peculiar remedies to helping the throat get better. One of the best ways seems to be mixing cayenne together with water and then gargle it in the back of your throat. Many people have commented on this to work well on the swelling of the throat. If the cayenne is too hot for some people it is also suggested to use it in orange juice. This will ease the spice and make it easier to use frequently. If you do not have any juice or your mouth is still burning afterwards you should not drink water or milk to try to take it away. They will only spread it around and milk might upset your stomach. The best thing to do is use sugar. This will absorb the hotness from the pepper. Bread is also another good option to use to get rid of it.

The next closely ranked remedy is mixing apple cider and vinegar. Along with this apple cider and vinegar, people would use honey into to the concoction. I am not really sure if I would try this one first. I think the other remedy seems to have the much higher success rate. I might just try good old sleep and warmth to try to get better and hopefully my sore throat will go away as soon as possible.

No comments: